Tuesday, March 3, 2009

1st post for the year...

Yep... It's been 3 months since my last post... WOW... time does fly..

It's been a little quiet on the sewing front in the last few months as I've been buying organising an engagement party and a wedding, as well as going to NZ for a friends wedding. OH... and I may have got a little addicted to my birthday present of a Nintendo DS... If you have one try "Professor Layton and the curious village" it has great puzzles in it for adults although i did have to look at cheats on the net...But enough with excuses..

I DID make some new curtains for the bedrooms... One of my bedroom windows takes up the entire wall.. and i have 9 foot high ceilings... Needless to say i was buried in fabric trying to do them... And i had to put up the rods in 40 degree heat sweating my bum off (we were sleeping in the lounge room because it was that hot in the bedrooms)... But I was a woman on a mission....

It's getting windy outside now which is a tad scary because I'm in a semi rural town 45minutes for Daylesford PLUS I am about to get ready for work which involves flying in and out of Melbourne Airport for 7 hours... I'll definitely make sure there is a sick bag in EVERY seat pocket..

For a bit of Pic goodness... here is my bamboo ladder covered in quilt goodness...

And I got this table from IKEA recently and I promised my fiance that once my holidays were over it was going into my sewing room. My holidays ended 3 weeks ago!!! But he hasn't said anything so I'm not... And can you see the silver light? IKEA too... It just clips onto the side of the table and I just point it to where i want it... I love it!!! Did i mention i like to watch TV while i sew...

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

about time Kel!! Hope there were't too many sickies on the flights. Where are the pics of the new quilts??? and from the engagement???