Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Maiden stitchery...

Ahh... to finish my first stitchery... I do have to say i am very proud of myself... I think i speak for everyone when i say that when you do something for the first time you don't know if you'll either enjoy the process or the end result. And I love it. I loved doing it in front of the TV and have to confess that last week i spent a night in beautiful Sunny Cairns and may have spent the majority of the day in my room doing the stitchery. I had to drag myself out to get a ice-cream and watch the million Pelicans that were in the wetlands in the low tides. Please don't look to closely. Apart from doing 1 cross stitch in year 9 (Winnie the Pooh) this is the only stitchery i have done. One thing I learnt was that Stem stitch doesn't work too well on small flowers. Lesson learnt.
It's from a stitchery book by Bronwyn Hayes called "Sunshine In Your Pocket". Rachel at Four Wise Monkeys did it in the red work and it looked awesome... so monkey see monkey do.. Thanks for the inspiration Rachel..


I love mail... I received this pattern and off cuts from Kristen Doren. Thanks Kristen. I now have to decide as to whether i buy the fabric that Kristen used or see what i have in my stash. Hmmm... Maybe i should do both. That would be the easy option.

2 comments:

Gina said...

That's a great piece of stitching. I've been thinking of getting back into stitching aswell. I'll have to get myself organised I think

Love and hugs Gina xx

Annie said...

Great stitching - love that design - but I just LOVE Kristen Doran designs. I have made several bags using her fabrics. They always work out well with her fabric.