Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A reason to get some fresh air...

Last Saturday I went into Brunswick street to spoil Mr Maiden Ramblings for his recent birthday.. unfortunately, due to a cold, he wasn't in the mood and didn't like anything. But guess what i got....


I've been talking myself into getting 'Betty' for about a year now but when i saw her all made up with no one giving her love i just had to have her. Complete with a bell that goes "Ding Dong" and a basket. I giggle everytime i ring the bell.


We walked around Brunswick st while they gave her the once over. But unfortunately my Mazda couldn't fit her... grrr.. half a tyre was sticking out. So i pleaded for a friend to come with his ute. Lucky we saw him in Brunswick St earlier, considering he lives near us, nearly an hour away. Things happen for a reason.


I have so far kept to my resolution of riding her once a day to the shops. I want to stop using the car locally unless it's raining of course... or windy... I hate the wind... anyway it was all going good until last night when I rode just that little bit further to my friend Sharon's house where i encounted a hill. Not bad when your in a car... but on a bike being rode by someone that has got a little unfit lately because she has got into her sewing so much... it was hell... but i made it.. barely.. I rang the boy begging to be picked up from Sharon's... but he refused to take me home and told me i could do it. So off i set after some intense re-hydration. And i didn't die. Very proud of myself.


A couple of days ago when i was all ready to go to the shops, my best friend showed up with her dog going for a walk. Being a bad mother, i choose riding beside her instead of taking my dog Rupert. Bad move. Rupert loves his friend Whiskey so much that while we were gone he managed to squeeze under the front gate and cross a main road (by Bacchus Marsh standards) and end up on said best friends door step. We didn't find him for about half an hour because we didn't think that he would have crossed that road. Poor fellow. He must of freaked out when he realised we wern't there... and I'd like to think that he stopped at the main road and looked right, left, and right again before crossing...

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

The new bike is ace! Thank goodness your dog didn't get caught by the dog catcher while he was out obeying the road rules!