Saturday, September 27, 2008

Chloe's Quilt..

I got this as a kit from Ballarat patchwork... They're the ones that named it Chloe's quilt. I was a bit lazy and used left over backing fabric for the binding. I finished it a few weeks ago but I've been a little busy lately. I've had to learn a new aircraft at work and they really like you to know everything before you go on it.

I changed the pattern a bit by not doing the circles as needle turn applique. I just sewed them on so that the edges will fray.
Bernadette quilted it with lovely daisies. She always does a fabulous job.



F.Y.I. Stick your needle in some soap while your binding your quilt. The needle slides into the fabric so well. My fingers weren't nearly as sore as usual.

2 comments:

rachelmp said...

You have been busy! Your quilt looks fantastic.

Unknown said...

What a great tip - I'm suffering from a blister today from binding a quilt - sniff!