Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ugly air conditioner be gone....

When i first moved into my house a few years ago this ugly brown air conditioner really bugged me. It was off centre and UGLY... So i made it do a disappearing act by covering it up.
My lounge room went from this....
To this....

All i did was cover 2 cheap canvas from the reject shop with material i got on sale from Spotlight... I made 2 so that my wall was balanced... It would have looked a tad weird with a single canvas hanging off centre on the wall.
I just had to buy a staple gun... and a hand saw to trim the wood on the one that fits over the air con...

Guests to my house ask if I painted them (I can't paint or draw which is why i sew)... Thats how good they look. And it was so simple to do... and cost under $50... They have lasted over two summers of being taken down and put back up when the air conditioner is in use.

No comments: