Saturday, September 6, 2008

Anyone for my Lime and Soda Quilt...



Third quilt finished and it's already on the couch...

There's an extra line on it but it's hanging over the hand rail. It was made using mainly Kaffe Fassett prints. I used the Kaffe Fassett print with the orange daisies for the binding. It's always so satisfying to finish something. No matter how big or small. Thus the love of my to do lists where i can make myself small goals. Ie. Bind 1 side a day and feel great when I've done 1 and half instead.


Another love of mine is watching an entire series on DVD. In the past 3 days i have watched the entire 2nd season of Dexter. So good. But don't worry i still left the house this morning to run some errands and gave my bike another workout. I'm still going strong on the pact to not use the car local unless i have something big to buy. Thus this morning stealing the in laws Slow Cooker and lawn mower which required the car. I currently have some yummy Garlic and herb Lamb Shanks cooking that will be ready in another hour. I still have to make the sweet potato mash. The house smells divine. Who needs to burn candles and incense when you have a slow cooker on all day.


Hopefully this rain holds off for a little so i can go for another bike ride with Mr Maiden Ramblings. I ride... he runs. Sounds good to me.

3 comments:

anne said...

Wow your lime and soda quilt looks awesome. Is this an easy pattern as I have seen it around on a few blogs. What is the recipe for your lamb shanks as I can smell them from here, yum yum, lol.

Unknown said...

Oh, your Lime and Soda quilt is gorgeous! What beautiful colors and exciting patterns you have used!

The dish looks yummy as anything. It is making me hungry.
~Emily in Norway

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

I love the look of your lamb shanks, too! I love my slow cooker - such tender meat - yummm!

Thanks for visiting my blog :)